Isabella's Playroom

Welcome to Isabella's website! Due to popular demand, we have created a blog for Isabella to share her pictures, latest news and keep in touch with family and friends. We'll try to post every month, so visit often to watch our little bean grow.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Our vacation in Colorado

The whole family went to Denver, Co. in early August for Chris' FAGD convocation - since he needed to go to receive his certification anyways, we decided to make a family vacation of it. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, especially coming from San Antonio where it has been averaging 104 degrees for the entire summer. While Daddy was at his conference, Mami, Kurt and I strolled around dowtown Denver (16th Street Mall, Larimer Square, etc.) . We also traveled to Colorado Springs where we visited Garden of the Gods and the Royal Gorge. Both places were gorgeous and I got to hike on Daddy's back (very comfy, of course). We also visited Rocky Mountain National Park, where we saw beautiful sights, lots of critters and did some spectacular hikes. It was a breeze for me, but Daddy and Mami kept grunting, wheezing and generally complaining about hiking 3+ miles uphill with me on their backs! Of course, my favorite memory was my first Carrousel ride in the Royal Gorge - that ROCKED! I also rode my first choo-choo train, slid down my first alpine slide with mami and played with some WILD piggies (*Mami's note - they were actually stuffed, battery operated toys...but shhhh!*). It was an incredible vacation and I'm sure I'll remember every detail forever (*wink, wink*).

(Note: Click on pics to see them bigger.)

Mami and me in Denver, Co.


Wow...moo-moo's in Texas are not this colorful!


Strolling down Larimer Square with mami (Tertis won't STOP taking pics!)


Daddy at his convocation...boy, that's a pointy hat.


Hiking in Garden of the Gods.


Chilling with the top down...hiking is a breeze!


Wheeeeeeeeee! (Isabella's first Carrousel)


Pic from the top of the world (according to Isabella.) Taken near Mt. Evans' summit - 14,000 ft.


Mami, I DON'T want to pose for more pics for Tertis!


I SAID....DOOOOOONE!


Fine, one more with Mami, but I'm NOT going to like it!


That's it...I'm walking home.


Hiking at Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park in my jammies (it was too cold to wear shorts.)


I repeat...there's ALWAYS time for a quick aerobic workout.


I repeat again...nappy time after all that hard work!


Wow...sticks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Third from last is my favourite. Her Kung-Foo is strong.

10/12/2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home